Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My fighting Cancer with a teenie weenie stick: The Last Word

The Last Word.

Cancer.

It's a 6 letter word that changes your life.  Once you hear it from your doctor and once he tells you have it...expect to deal with it for the rest of your life.

Too many of us think that feeling good means being healthy.  I felt fine but I had cancer.  I feel fine right now but I know that I have cancer.

I will undergo the procedure to stop the cancer in its tracks.  But it is still with me, it is still a part of me and it will be that way for years to come.

Just cuz I have it...and just cuz it will have some bearing on everything I do...does not mean that I just stop.  It actually lets me know that I am mortal...and I have the chance to continue living.  Others don't have that opportunity...Cancer is killing them.

On Wednesday afternoon, after my RFA...I will be one of the lucky ones...I will go home the next day...and I will continue to live.

I implore you ... just cuz you feel good...make it a point to go to your doctor and get them to do an ultrasound...have them just check you out...make sure you catch it early if you can.

Be one of the lucky ones...just like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment